Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back to normal...

First quilt for 2009!
Well it has been quite busy in Lulabell land. Our engagement party was this weekend just gone. Thank goodness that's over, now I can just concentrate on the wedding.
I have deferred school until after the wedding, I could not concentrate and apply myself to the 10 hours of study a week, plus full time work, plus engagement and wedding planning... yuck!
So now its back to normal, just work and planning a wedding.

I have finished this quilt! Thanks for your input, I did go for the green. As for making it a boy quilt, I have a strong feeling the baby will be a he! Fingers crossed otherwise ill have to chain myself to my sewing machine.
This one is my next mini project.
I have also signed myself up for Doll Quilt Swap 6. I had in my mind that I needed to made a totally different quilt to DQS5. Then I realised that what I made is my style, from my one little imagination, why change what I love?
Take care
Hayley

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the simplicity with just the small detail !!!!!!!

Bronwyn said...

The dark blue binding is a perfect frame for the quilt - well done! Love the photos.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Wow - it has turned out so well!! Love the colour scheme. Glad to hear you had a terrific engagement party - what a special time!

Gay McDonell said...

Love the giraffe! great colours, great quilt

Janellybelly said...

Hayley, the finished quilt looks brilliant :) I love the fabrics & colours you've chosen for the next doll quilt swap.
Janelle xx
Any photos from the engagement party?

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute quilt! I love the giraffe! The fabrics you have picked out for your next project are lovely. Love the way you stylized the picture.

Andi said...

Oh, and that was YOU!!
Hope you got loads out of the sessions as I did.
Love the quilt in this post. And I ADORE the fabrics for your next project.
See you in blog land.
Andi :-)

Kellie said...

What a beautiful quilt!!! I love it!!!
I was just scrolling back down your page anf the little piles of fabric just look so lovely!
Hope you are well!