Friday, January 9, 2009

Fabric & Penguins

I sorted my fabric stash...


This will be destroyed in a few days. Does anyone have any special ways they sort their fabric? I need something to help me with all my fat quarters. There is also more fabric, its just hidden till after the wedding!


We also went to see the Penguins at the Melbourne Aquarium with some friends. I love the aquarium, I could spend days in there just sitting and watching.

Lastly, I learnt to not use a blunt blade on my rotary cutter. I need to stop being lazy and telling myself "Its only one piece to cut" while almost slicing my thumb off in the process. Lots of blood and lots of pain killer to get to sleep that night!
Have a good weekend
Hayley

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, look at the colours! BEAUTIFUL! Good thing I'm the other side of the world, I'd be round yours all the time, touching it all ;)

How about using shoe box sized storage boxes (ikea do them) for the FQs?

smileykylie said...

oooh so very beautiful, love a good fabric stash sort, does wonders for the soul! blessings for the wedding too, :)Kylie

Anonymous said...

That fabric is so beautiful that I want to dive right in and mess it up again!

Hope your thumb has a speedy recovery.

Janellybelly said...

Oh Pretty, and such potential!!! How long will it stay like that?
Janelle xx

Kate said...

Love your stash - looks so wonderful!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I have some serious stash envy!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Ouch - hope your injury is healing well! I dropped a rotary cutter on my foot last year so can empathize.

Your stash looks so pretty. I find it a loosing battle to keep my supplies in order - I just enjoy tidying it all up after every project or two!

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - very envious of your fabric stash! Love the colours.

Beaumont Professional Organizer said...

Good joob