Sunday, January 25, 2009

Strawberries...

The hunt has been on, for the perfect dress. Yesterday I found it, loved it and now I have to wait another year to wear it! I am very glade I started the dress mission early.
On the sewing front, there are not many completed projects to show you guys. I have made two velveteen strawberries to make up for my strawberries the birds and sun and stopping me from having. Its been super hot here in Melbourne and my strawberries are frying in the heat. These strawberries are a Heather Bailey pattern.
Today I made chocolate and pecan biscuits. YUMMO!

I also continued my pillow for a very special little girl. While sewing I get to enjoy my backyard and my green green grass courtesy of the washing machine water. I wish it would rain, for my garden and for our farmers.
Hope everyone in Australia enjoys their long weekend and everyone else enjoyed their short one :)
Hayley

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Well done on finding the perfect dress - how exciting for you!!! Once you have the dress, everything else falls into place. I LOVE your strawberry - it is the sweetest thing.

Janellybelly said...

A very Yummy blog post, craft and food! I love the view outside your studio, my window looks out onto the neighbours fence.
Janelle xx
PS That's great news about finding your wedding dress.

PaisleyJade said...

Your strawberry is sooooo cute!

Alexis said...

I love the strawberry... and the view from your sewing machine!