Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back...

I have been sewing, not much but I have been making a few things. With it now being winter, wedding planning and the cold dark nights, I have not been able to take photos.
I made these Heather Bailey Apples and pears.

I pieced this quilt for a new baby in the family. Its the same as this quilt, but instead I used a kiwi green. I am really looking forward to quilting this, I love sitting down to a big project like quilting.

I have also made my first piece of clothing, a Anna Maria Horner Socialite dress. It took me a while to learn the garment pattern terms, I also used plain cotton just in case it didn't work! I am now making a second for a friend and then Ill be making another for myself. Perfect for my tropical holiday in a few months.
Back to reading the +400 posts in Google Reader!
Take care.
Hayley

9 comments:

Andi said...

Gorgeous little quilt.
And amazing work on the dress. I've yet to tackle anything that needs to fit around a body!!
Thanks for visiting my blog too Hayley.
Andi :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I have been wanting to make up some fruit too - yours are great! I love your latest baby quilt - the kiwi fruit green works really well - makes it look really modern and fresh. I can't believe you have never made clothing before - great dress.

Tracy said...

Hello! My first visit here...not sure how I got here, but I am very glad I am! :o) Your blog is beautiful and uplifting, and as a crafter I LOVE your creations. The dress is wonderful--the black with touch of red is elegant simplicity--super first try! And the quilt is fantastic--those colors are so fresh and fun! I was thinking of creating a quilt with a similar very simple block work. I look forward to coming back here. Happy Day! :O)

Chookyblue...... said...

so much lovely stitching in this post..........esp love the quilt.........

Unknown said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous - everything!!!!!!

Ruth said...

Love the apples and pears! And the baby quilt is gorgeous! :-)

Ruth xx

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow, your kiwi green and blue quilt is gorgeous. Great job.

Bronwyn said...

Well done Hayley! Love the kiwi green quilt - very cool! I have bought that dress pattern as well, but yet to try it - any tips/review on the pattern for a very newbie garment sewer?

Janellybelly said...

Hi Hayley
The fruit looks delicious, & I love the new version of the quilt. Your AMH Socialite dress is gorgeous, can we see it modelled by you!
Janelle xx