Saturday, August 1, 2009

This and that...

I went off the the Craft Fair last weekend, with no intention of buying anything, maybe just some fabric I have been trying to hunt down. I ended up with a drunkard path quilt kit.


I feel I love with it, I love the colors and how it plays with the eye. 2 days later the kit was all cut up and I am about 2/3 the way through piecing... I am trying hard not to give up on this one.
Through the cold winter, I have been snuggling up on the couch trying to finish off some embroidery for my Truly Scrumptious block of the months. Only 3 more blocks to go!
I have signed up for the Doll Quilt Swap 7. What was I thinking! This is my third swap and each time I spend such a long time planning the quilt. This time I am stuck! I don't have any idea, my partner is a master of all styles of quilting and I have lost my mojo.
Hopefully I can come up with something soon.

Till next time.
Hayley

10 comments:

Andi said...

Wow!! You've been busy.
Love your work!!!! Especially the drunkards path. I've only made one before and the curves were a bitch (pardon the french). Yours is beautiful.
Andi :-)

PS That bag I made .... I made the pattern up myself. Rather proud!!

Deb said...

Love the fabrics in the kits you bought Hayley and they are looking gorgeous all sewn up. Well done you.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the colours and fabrics you are using in the Drunkards Path - it is going to be stunning. I love that design but wasn't sure how easy those curves would be to do. Do you have one of those special machine feet for curves?

Bronwyn said...

Great sewing and needlework!! Love the colours and fabrics in the circles one - I see lots of my fave Kaffes in it!

Unknown said...

wow - those are both amazing projects!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm not a quilter, but the one with a circular pattern is stunning. Have a blessed day.

Janellybelly said...

I can't wait to see your finished Truly Scrumptious quilt - I love all of those stitcheries & fabrics.
I signed up for Doll Quilt Swap this time too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your stitching is gorgeous! And the fabrics for the Drunkards Path are just perfect!

Copper Patch said...

I absolutely love the combination of fabrics. Excellent purchase! :)
I can see why you are getting through it so quickly. It's one of the most gorgeous quilts I've seen in a long time.
Can't wait to see the finish quilt.
Abbe

Ann-Christin said...

I love your drunkards pathwork. I have the the tools, fabric but not the patience!!!!!!!! The colours are fantastic too!

http://ann-christin.zoomin.se/